If you are here, then chances are very good that you have found yourself in possession of a CD. This CD is unassuming in it's outward appearance; once blank, it now holds what I hope to be the source of some inspiration.
So what is the purpose of this? Quite simply, I wanted to give people a chance to create and in such a way that they could contribute to a larger community project. I took the first step in creating a mix "tape" and distributing the "tape" to three random locations within my hometown. From there, the responsibility is passed down to whomever finds it.
I ask one simple thing really. Take the CD and listen to it in its entirety. Reflect on it as you will, and then use it to create some piece of art. What I am hoping to get out of this is some sense of narrative from the mix. Ultimately, this is an experiment to see how different people interpret different things, and what they with it from there. If you decide to contribute to the project, you can send your contribution to this message board
After you have sent your contribution, or if you decide that you do not wish to participate, then simply pass the CD on. You can give it to a friend or leave it in a random location. Either way, just make sure it gets passed along and handed down.
Your contribution can be in any form you wish. It can be the form of a short story, a poem, a song, a short film, painting, photography. Anything that you feel expresses the narrative that the mix is weaving for you.
As I said, I hope to see the different stories that can be created from this mix. I wish to give people a way to contribute to a larger idea. I wish to forge the bonds of community through artistic expression.
Thanks for humoring me, and may you get a little bit of fun out of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment